| Building Energy Efficiency Ordinance
Building Energy Efficiency OrdinanceThe Buildings Energy
Efficiency Ordinance (Cap. 610) had been enacted in November
2010 and will come into full operation on 21 September 2012.
The Code of Practice titled “Code of Practice for Energy Efficiency
of Building Services Installation”, hereinafter referred as
the “Building Energy Code” or “BEC” is issued in The Buildings
Energy Efficiency Ordinance and set out the technical guideline
and details in respect of the minimum energy efficiency Requirement
governing the building services installations of Lighting
Systems, Air-Conditioning System, Electrical Systems and Lift
& Escalator Systems. Building Services installations designed,
installed and maintained to the design standard in accordance
with the BEC are deemed to have satisfied the relevant requirements
of the Ordinance in the technical aspects.
Ordinance must be complied by
1. Commercial building.
2. A portion of a composite building that is not for residential
or industrial use.
3. Hotel and guesthouse.
4. Common area of a residential building.
5. Common area of a portion of a composite building that
is for residential or industrial use.
6. Common area of an industrial building.
7. Building that is occupied principally for an education
8. Building that is occupied principally as a community
building including a community hall and social services
centre and composite building occupied as 2 or more such
9. Building that is occupied principally as a municipal
services building including a market, cooked food centre,
library, cultural centre and indoor games hall and composite
building occupied as 2 or more such places.
10. Building that is occupied principally for medical and
health care services including a hospital, clinic and rehabilitation
11. Building that is owned by the Government and used principally
for the accommodation of people during the performance of
any function of the Government.
12. Passenger terminal building of an airport.
13. Railway station.
1). Over 21 years experience in Energy Consultancy Service
and Building Service to help customer comply the ordinance
2). Registered Energy Assessor (REA) in BEC
Helps in Building Energy Efficiency Ordinance?